Queen Eleanor Road
Queen Eleanor Road runs along the top of the rec and has developed "lumps" in recent times but has had its view change from railings around the rec to open to short stumps. The biggest change would have been the building of Queen Eleanor School.
This is Queen Eleanor road with the old mans hut in the distance. In the foreground is Terry Bates, taken in 1953
Taken in May 1935 for the silver jubilee of George V
Taken in 1937 for the coronation of George VI
Queen Eleanor Road Circa 1928
Queen Eleanor road taken about 1925, showing railings around the rec and fields where Briar Hill Road is now.
Queen Eleanor road taken 1935 during jubilee, showing railings around the rec. Notice how the trees have grown