CHAPEL OF ST THOMAS
On the S. side of the S. bridge, near Cotton End. A St. Thomas' Chapel is first mentioned in the late 12th century when it was confirmed to St. Andrew's Priory but this may be the chapel of St. Thomas recorded within the precinct of St. Andrew's Priory at this time. In a will of 1527 a chapel of St. Thomas is identified as the hermitage at the S. end of the South Bridge. The 'Armitage' was still in existence in 1602.