The Boat Inn
On Old Towcester road towards the draw bridge was a row of cottages on the right. The last house of the row was used as a public house by the bargees.
This photo taken after it closed just shows part of it. On the left the bricked up large section was the bay window with the door entrance just visible to the left
In the 1940's it was a dingy looking place with
steps going down to a room with barrels and no pumps. An old lady who looked to
young eyes like someone that was 100 but was probably 60 served the clientele.
There was a large over hanging structure over the canal where the goods unloaded.
The barges used to stay here overnight to be out of the rain.
1898 Alfred Draper
1903,10 Joseph Seabridge
1913 Harry Roughton